Science Fair Invention Project Steps
What are the steps involved in inventing or engineering a solution?
- Use the student version of these steps[link] to help students with the process.
- Use the invention project examples[link] so they can “begin with the end in mind.”
- Provide students with the Invention: Engineering a Solution to a Problem Planning and Approval Sheet.
Invention Project Steps
- Step 1) Identify a Problem
- Step 2) Conduct Background Research
- Step 3) Suggest a Solution
- Step 4) Design and Build the Solution
- Step 6) Collect Data
- Step 7) Analyze Data and Report Results
- Printer Friendly Version
- Link to Student Sheet (PDF): 10 Steps to an Invention Project
- Link to Student Sheet (PDF): Invention Planning Sheet