Invention: Conduct Background Research
Find out what others know. As with investigation, students can use primary sources such as their own experiences, local experts or business people. They can also use secondary sources, such as books, articles from the web or magazines.
- What are some ways that people have moved heavy loads with less effort?
- How have people controlled dogs barking?
- What are some ways that people can see around corners and over top of things?
- How are cold things kept cool for long periods of time?
- What causes echoing? How have people cut down on noise in large rooms?
- What can be done to change people’s habits?
- Go to the next step in the process: Invention: Suggest a Solution and Explain Why It Should Work
- Or view all steps in the science fair invention process: Science Fair Invention Project Steps.