- It would probably be easiest to ride a bicycle across ______
- The force that always acts opposite to the direction of the motion of an object is called_____
none of these
- According to Newton's 3rd law, forces always occur in ____ pairs.
equal but complementary
equal but opposite
unequal but opposite
unequal but complementary
- Neweton first described gravity while watching _____
a car accelerate
an apple falling
- You would NOT use _____ to find the acceleration of an object.
- Newton's _____ law of motion explains why you may lean sideways in a car if the driver turns a corner too quickly.
- _____ is the speed of an object and the direction of motion.
- To calculate average speed, you would use _____
weight and distance
distance and time
weight and time
- ______ is used to describe an object slowing down because of decreasing speed.
- An object that has a(n) _____ will acceleration in the direction of the force.
- Negative acceleration is sometimes called ______
- _____ is the rate at which an object covers a given distance.
- _____ is NOT a force.
All of these
- Stepping on a wagon and watching the wagon move away from you is an example of Newton's _____ law.
- The speed of an object at any instance in time is its ____ speed