- Where do hurricanes form?
over warm water
over the mountains
over cold water
- What does a hurricane start off as?
- Which of these places might see a lot of hurricanes?
the North Pole
- How do hurricanes swirl in the Northern Hemisphere?
left to right
back and forth
- What is the region at the center of a hurricane called?
- What would you find in the eye of the hurricane?
high winds and pouring rain
- How fast do a storm's winds have to be for it to be considered a hurricane?
- How do meteorologists predict the location and direction of a hurricane?
they can't predict the location and direction
by the placement of the moon
using satellite images
using underwater probes
- What happens when a hurricane passes over land?
the hurricane gets stronger
the hurricane begins to run out of energy
the hurricane turns into a snow storm
- Which of these statements is true?
hurricanes and tornadoes have nothing to do with one another
hurricanes give rise to earthquakes
hurricanes can give rise to tornadoes
tornadoes can give rise to hurricanes