The Musculoskeletal System
The following questions appear onscreen in the video. Feel free to integrate them into your lesson plan as needed.
Questions to consider before watching the video:
Questions to consider after watching the video:
- Consider what you know about muscles and bones. As you watch the program, pay attention to how muscles and bones interact with other systems in your body.
- Think about ways you can improve your physical health by developing and maintaining your musculoskeletal system.
- Explain how muscles and bones function together. How do they support each other?
- What musculoskeletal changes take place in the body as a person becomes more or less physically active?
- Why is exercise important to maintaining healthy muscles and bones?
Diseases such as muscular dystrophy, heart disease, and tendinitis attack the muscular system. Research one or two of these diseases and the treatments that are available.